Head of Investor Relations
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Head of Investor Relations (IR), is a critical leadership role that will develop and manage strategic planning for all investor relations activities here at Lyft. This is a highly visible role with that will help shape the future of one of the most exciting pre-IPO companies in Silicon Valley. This leader will be both influencer and thought leader in increasing the value of Lyft within the investment community and instilling confidence in both current and future shareholders. The Head of IR will lead the development of the financial narrative and educate investors on the right key metrics. In addition to maintaining strong relationships with new and existing investors, the Head of IR will lead the quarterly earnings process. This leader will serve as a key business partner to the Executive team, act as a trusted advisor of the opinions of the investment community to the Board and serve as the go-to resource for internal stakeholders.
- Craft the Lyft narrative for financial investors, analysts and public markets
- Provide senior-level counsel to Lyft’s executive and management team on Investor Relations strategy and impact from different decisions/issues
- Proactively manage the investment community to ensure strong correlation between Lyft’s business performance and investor expectations
- Develop competitive analysis, benchmark industry trends, and continuously measure business performance to provide a confident framework for the investment community
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, drafting earnings releases, call scripts, accompanying presentations, as well as preparing talking points and relevant Q&A with the Executive Leadership Team
- Serve as primary relationship manager for external investor-related parties, directly target and develop strong relationships with analysts and investors
- Manage, support and mentor a high-performing Investor Relations team
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years defining and leading a top-notch IR function at a high-growth technology company, including having successfully developed and implemented proactive IR strategies that have navigated complex issues as well as delivered positive outcomes.
- Pre- and post-IPO company experience highly preferred
- Experience with mentoring IR teams on how to build relationships effectively with investors and financial analysts, executive management as well as peers, and subordinates in other departments to encourage trust in and cooperation with IR direction
- Deep understanding of how customer needs, customer insights, business opportunities and challenges within the consumer internet ecosystem impact IR strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build an internal IR strategy center of excellence at Lyft that acts as a repository for and clearinghouse of the most important long term questions facing the company.
- Proven success partnering with the Board as well as working cross-functionally with leadership to ensure accurate reporting and best outcomes
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing abilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Excellent judgment, deep personal ethics, integrity and connection to company values.
- Compelling Storyteller: Passionate about engaging and educating investors by delivering a compelling message that is also aligned to a company’s mission
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.