At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced operator to serve as the Operations Manager for San Diego. We’re searching for an exceptional leader with experience managing large teams, leading complex cross-functional initiatives, and possessing a strong desire to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
This role will report to the Market Manager of the region and will be responsible for leading our driver onboarding, vehicle leasing, and driver support locations, as well as working closely on driver acquisition initiatives across the region. If you have experience managing large programs, developing employees, working in dynamic environments, and solving tough problems, we’d like to talk with you.
- Lead, develop, and engage a large organization of 30+ team members, including Operations Leads and Community Associates
- Oversee driver onboarding, support, and rental operations across the San Diego region (distributed across 10+ locations)
- Use data-driven decision-making to optimize the driver supply funnel, support quality, and rental fleet
- Create a world-class experience for our drivers across all business lines, and be obsessed with creating positive interactions with all drivers
- Understand two-sided marketplace dynamics, and develop and execute driver education and retention programs
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations
- Work with the Market Manager and other cross-functional partners to develop long-term strategy and hit OKRs
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years of operations experience in operations, consulting, finance, and/or startup environments
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Expertise manipulating and analyzing data and building models in Excel, and using data to make sound business decisions; knowledge of SQL a plus
- Track record of setting goals, creating a plan, and getting results
- Experience in building and scaling teams and programs a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.