Production Designer, Design Systems
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. We are working to reshape cities to be built around people, not cars.
As a part of the Core Design team at Lyft, you will be involved in creating the design system (the Lyft Product Language) that all Product Design teams, Engineers, and Product Managers use to design & develop at Lyft. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and prototyping skills, you will own creating a consistent and predictable look & feel for all of our products. You will be part of a team that ensures design quality across all facets of UI, illustration, motion, 3D, etc.
In this role you will act as the liaison between Core Design and other Product Design teams, ensuring the design system is migrated and adopted across new and existing features. Using your expertise in product design, systems thinking, and platform best practices – you will help create product-specific component libraries that maintain a high bar for quality in usability, accessibility, and localization standards. You are able to precisely articulate design rationale from both a systems and product point of view and can present to diverse stakeholders from all across the company.
- Create a unified, cohesive set of UX and visual guidelines in addition to component libraries for feature team products across Lyft.
- Create high-quality mocks and interactive prototypes to communicate your work. Use user research and data to inform your reasonings.
- Incorporate Lyft’s design system guidelines in your work, while acting as the voice of product design teams to expand and evolve the design system.
- Create design guidelines documentation and artifacts
- Present cross-functionally to Product Design, Engineering, Product, and Brand, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale and goals.
- Inspire the entire team and our internal partners by bringing new ideas to the table and defining next-generation interfaces.
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of experience working in UX or HCI-related field with experience working on production design, product design, and/or design systems teams.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, Mobile Web etc)
- Highly proficient with current design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, etc.) with knowledge of how to build up component libraries
- Excellence in visual design craft
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.