Software Engineer, Data Visualization
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Data Products team’s mission is to delight Lyft’s data users through tools that help them make data-informed decisions easily and reliably. Our products include tools for data pipeline (ETL), visualization and data discovery, and these tools form a bridge between the infrastructure and the users. We are also committed to contribute to the tech industry with open source projects, including Superset and Airflow. We are a team of engineers who care about the customer satisfaction and the business impact we make on a daily basis.
As a data visualization engineer, you will be working on building a platform that enables visualizing business metrics visualization, geospatial diagnosis, and product monitoring. If you are passionate about leveraging your technical skills to build data products that not only transform the way data is used at Lyft but also make an impact to the open source community, we’d love to talk to you! Our quickly growing data products team needs applicants with all of the different levels of experience and skill sets. Whether you are a junior engineer or a senior engineer, and whether you are front-end or back-end, we have an opportunity for you at Lyft! You will be a part of an early team that builds services that make data a first-class citizen at Lyft. You will help shape the vision and architecture of Lyft’s next-generation data products that scale with the company’s incredible growth. Your efforts will allow access to business and user behavior insights, leveraging 20 PB of data with a tens of terabytes of daily growth, to fuel several teams such as Analytics, Data Science, Engineers, Marketplace and Growth Products, Fraud, and many others.
- Demonstrate your coding and development skills, including reviewing software developed by other engineers.
- Assess the implications associated with design decisions by understanding the end-to-end system architecture.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Participate in feature design working with product and UX experts.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
- Educate the organization on data access and visualization best practices. Present at conferences and meetups, help others create content with your tools
- Passionate about enabling non-technical users discover insights through visualization.
- A full-stack, back-end or front-end engineer with Python experience.
- Familiar with SQL and data modeling
- An excellent listener and communicator.
- Passionate for creating tools that establish tight feedback loops.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.