Counsel, Regulatory Compliance (Bikes & Scooters)
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking to push the team to go even faster within a hyper-growth startup? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be a Regulatory Compliance Counsel at Lyft!
We're looking for someone who will be a part of the Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, digesting, synthesizing, communicating, and ultimately fulfilling Lyft’s regulatory requirements. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to implement our compliance objectives for Lyft Bikes & Scooters. This role reports to the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rule making process to advocate for appropriate bike and scooter regulations and support Lyft’s Public Policy team on legislative initiatives
- Track, document and ensure compliance with Lyft’s legal obligations in highly regulated and complex jurisdictions
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to prepare new markets for bike and scooter launches
- Coordinate response and submission of reports and audits, as required by applicable regulations
- Research, communicate and advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyft’s Operations, Marketing, Finance, Communications, Public Policy, Customer Support, Product and other teams teams
- Work collaboratively with regulators to determine relevant requirements, negotiate and advocate for favorable interpretations that benefit Lyft and its riders
- Gather and synthesize data relating to our compliance requirements
Experience & Skills:
- JD Degree from a top school
- 3+ years of experience working in a legal or compliance role, preferably within a law firm or start up company
- Experience making presentations before public agencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to accomplish compliance objectives
- Passion for Lyft and its community
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.