At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Communications Manager to own media relations across Lyft’s East Coast markets (with the exception of the New York metro area). You will support all communications efforts focused on Lyft’s top markets -- from brainstorming creative story angles and spearheading proactive media outreach to responding to inbound requests. You will be integral to driving local awareness and business impact. The role will be based in New York.
- Develop relationships with media contacts in each market
- Own local media outreach and respond to inbound press inquiries
- Brainstorm and assemble an arsenal of creative press angles for each city to reach a range of audiences
- Secure media opportunities to build awareness in each market, working closely with local General Managers, driver communities, and outside agencies
- Develop strategies and tactics to introduce Lyft in new markets
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant communications experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Lyft
- Interest in frequent travel to local markets
- Lyft user/believer
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.